Benefits of Solar For Your Home
Lower Your Energy Bill Today
The cost of electricity rises on average 7% per year nationwide. Solar power can help offset these increasing costs. By producing your own electricity, you:
- Reduce your exposure to rapidly-accelerating utility costs
- Increase your financial security by gaining energy independence
- Take charge of your energy
When you install a solar system, you become your own energy provider, reducing electricity costs for the next 25+ years. Your utility company will track your electricity generation through net metering and credit you for the solar power you produce.
Increase the Value of Your Property
Adding a capital asset to your property and reducing annual operating costs increase the value of your property.
- Investments in energy efficiency are traditionally valued based on how quickly the investment pays for itself
- These investments add value to the property and can be recovered at sale
- Every $1 reduction in annual utility bills adds $20 to the value of the property (Source: National Appraisal Journal and EPA)
It's More Affordable Than You Might Think
The size and cost of your solar installation depends on your electricity bill and energy savings goals.
- A hybrid installation (which combines a percentage of energy from the utility company and a percentage from solar) can help maximize your investment
- A solar system typically returns more than twice its cost in electricity savings over 25 years
Current Incentives Further Lower Costs
With new federal and state incentives and accelerated depreciation, solar is more affordable than ever before. The federal tax credit for commercial installations reduces your cost by 30%. In certain states where incentives apply, you get up to 80% of your system funded by the government.
Let the Joneses Keep Up With You
Solar energy is smart energy. Show your solar smarts with our affordable, reliable solutions. You'll be helping the environment and your community when you install a solar system and take advantage of the greatest renewable energy source available to consumers today.